The primary goals for iDigBio's Mobilizing Small Herbaria workshop included:
- Encouraging, enabling, and facilitating the digitization of small herbarium collections, to include recording, imaging, and serving specimen data,
- Encouraging collaboration and interaction among small herbaria across the United States,
- Expanding the number of data portals of the North American Network of Small Herbaria (NANSH),
- Encouraging attendance at the upcoming iDigBio-sponsored small herbarium workshop to be held in conjunction with Botany 2014, and
- Fostering expansion of SCNet.
Workshop presentations, documentation, and recordings are available on the workshop wiki.